When someone is carrying a child, a miscarriage is one of the most tragic and unfortunate things that can happen to them. The loss of hope and happiness, and of a life so many were excited about, is a situation many people don’t know how to approach or have the right words to address.
Use one of these 15 comforting and encouraging sayings, but most of all be there for your loved one. A few words can mean a lot.
Adrianna Calvo under Pexels License
What to say to someone who had a miscarriage and what to avoid
● Remind them you’re there for them and that they are never alone
● Motivate them to talk and to seek help if they think they need it
● Offer to help with some of her daily chores to let her relax
● Never say things like “it’s God’s plan” or “faith works in mysterious ways. It’s stupid and unhelpful.
● Avoid being too pushy. Sometimes, people want some time alone.
● Under any circumstances, don’t mention babies/next pregnancies or family plan ideas.
Knowing what to say to someone who had a miscarriage can help the person push through an immensely difficult period their life. Comforting them is important, as is just acknowledging their pain and loss.
Let them know you’re there, pick your words and don’t let them give up at all costs. That’s what friends and family are for.